Getting Ready for Summer 2018: Implementing California’s Summer @ Your Library Quality Principles
Please join us at a workshop designed to help you plan, assess, and improve your summer reading and learning programs. The workshops will focus on California’s Summer @ Your Library quality principles and indicators.
- Talk about why the Summer @ Your Library quality principles are important.
- Hear from colleagues who will be using the principles and indicators to assess and improve their programs.
- Talk with colleagues and develop strategies for implementing and achieving the quality principles and indicators, and using them to demonstrate the value of the library’s summer program to stakeholders.
- Learn about a new planning tool that can help you implement the principles and indicators and assess your summer programs.
- Leave with ideas and strategies to ensure that summer 2018 is your best summer ever!
Workshop date, time, and location
Los Angeles Public Library | Central Library
Monday, September 18, 2017
(A working lunch will be provided at the workshop)
Registration link for Los Angeles workshop, Monday, September 18th, 2017:
This workshop is free. Space is limited. In an effort to accommodate as many library jurisdictions as possible, we encourage library jurisdictions to sign up teams of two people for the workshop. Additional people will be accommodated where possible. We anticipate that the workshop content will be most relevant to youth services staff, and library managers, supervisors, and directors.
Travel funds are available on a need-based and first some, first served basis. Travel fund recipients must attend the workshop closest to their workplace. If you will be requesting travel funds, please indicate this during the registration process. Thank you.
Virginia Walter, UCLA
Natalie Cole, California State Library
Eva Mitnick, Los Angeles Public Library
Lisa Gonzales, Santa Barbara Public Library
Additional presenters to be announced
Please contact Trisg Garone at firstname.lastname@example.org
More about the Quality Principles and Indicators
Summer @ Your Library in California is a time of celebration, community-building, playing, learning, and reading. The Summer @ Your Library quality principles and indicators have been developed to showcase summer programs in California libraries and to help library staff demonstrate and maintain the value and impact of their programs. We invite libraries to use the quality principles and indicators to:
- set summer reading goals and plan summer reading activities;
- communicate desired goals and program impact to stakeholders; and
- demonstrate strategies for developing and maintaining quality programs.
Summer @ Your Library in California is important for children, teens, adults, and the communities we live in. The quality principles and indicators will help you let everyone know about the value of the work you are doing.
A working group of California librarians partnered with the California Library Association and its Summer @ Your Library project to develop the quality principles and indicators. Working group members and CLA and California State Library staff gathered feedback from colleagues throughout the state to develop a set of principles and indicators that reflect and represent Summer @ Your Library across the state.
The quality principles are available at: http://calchallenge.org/resources/quality