Led by Dr. Virginia Walter, this hands-on, participatory, workshop will guide you through implementing the Summer @ Your Library Quality Principle, Summer @ Your Library provides opportunities for learning, and help you develop strategies to engage people who have different learning styles and interests, keep learning objectives in mind, encourage self-directed learning and exploration, and involve community partners.
- With workshop completion you’ll be eligible to receive programming supplies to support summer learning plans at your library!
- The workshop is free.
- Attendee travel costs are covered from all parts of California (within LSTA guidelines).
- Funds for backfill hours are available to support workshop attendance. (Backfill is the hours worked to cover desk hours x the fully loaded hourly rate of the person filling in on desk duties while your library staff person is off the desk attending this workshop.)
Summer @ Your Library provides opportunities for learning (Quality Principle Two)
October 10th, 2018, Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Oakland Public Library (Central Library)
125 14th St, Oakland, CA 94612
REGISTRATION LINK: https://www.
Workshop attendees will:
- Participate in group work exercises, focused around a case study, to help you develop a strategy and action plan for creating opportunities for learning with your summer programs.
- Hear from a library that is using the Summer @ Your Library quality principles and indicators to plan, assess and improve their program.
- Strategize on ways to gather information and solicit input from the community.
- Strategize on creating community partnerships.
- Develop an evaluation strategy.
- Plan for presenting what you’ve learned to colleagues.
Please contact Ashley Kagan at <email@example.com>