Click here to view the recording of this webinar in your browser
Click here to download the presentation slides (14.2 MB)
Please join us at noon on Thursday, March 1, 2018, for an hour-long webinar on how to plan and present an outcome- and outreach-based summer reading program.
The webinar is free but registration is required because spaces are limited.
- Learn the value of conducting outcome- and outreach-based program planning and evaluation;
- Discover the importance of summer reading outreach, and how outreach is an integral part of the Summer @ Your Library outcomes initiative;
- Hear case studies from Los Angeles Public Library and Glendora Public Library on how they present outcome-based programming using California’s statewide summer outcomes;
- Find out how Summer @ Your Library project staff can help you by:
- providing surveys tailored to early learners, children, teens, and adults;
- setting up online surveys for libraries to collect and report outcomes data;
- providing libraries with personalized reports that will help demonstrate the impact and value of your programs to stakeholders;
- offering strategies for how to get started with doing outcome- and outreach-based evaluation;
- and providing access to a comprehensive set of online resources.
Although the webinar will focus on summer programming, participants will learn skills they can use in planning and evaluating other programs.
To register, please email your name, title, and library organization to Shana Sojoyner
The workshop is presented by the California Library Association. Presenters are:
Natalie Cole, California State Library
Eva Mitnick, Los Angeles Public Library
Cindy Romero, Glendora Public Library
Shana Sojoyner, California Library Association
Virginia Walter, UCLA Professor Emerita
We hope to see you there!